Sunday, March 8, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


On Wednesday we got to tour the new Draper Temple. We went with Kenny's parents and brother and sisters and it was really neat to see such a beautiful temple. The kids were so excited to be able to see the inside of a temple. It was such a wonderful opportunity to teach them more about the temple and help them to be excited to visit again when they get older. On our way home, I asked Lillian what her favorite part of temple was, she responded with, "The room with the big pretty chandelier." I thought it was neat that she felt the importance and spirit of the Celestial room. If you haven't been able to attend the open house, I think it is still going until the end of the week. Take some time and check it out with your family.

6 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Hey Brook - glad you got to go! You should have called & stopped by our house - we're only about 15 min away. We were there on Monday. When asked what McKinley's favorite part was, she said "the cookies!" Silly girl. It was really neat and beautiful, though.

The Johnson's said...

I wish we could have gone to the temple open house- Payton would have loved it! We need to go up on the mountain again... when its warmer. It was freezing up there... poor little Max's cheeks.

Anonymous said...

I love your family pictures and the kids are getting so big I can't believe how fast time flies!! Way cute.

NATALIE THOMPSON said...

That is an awsome picture of the temple! Did you take that? Im sad that we didnt get our kids up there to see it...they would have loved it too! Im so glad you guys got to go! :D

CoreyKrisAnnAubreySienna said...

I love your family picture. Going to the temple with all you guys was so fun! Now Aubrey thinks she can go into any temple anytime. I knew she'd love it especially if she got to go with her sweet cousins. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Hannah S said...

Hi Brook!!
Check out my blog for a giveaway. I think you might like it!